Sunday, December 13, 2009

Thanksgiving Weekend

We hosted Thanksgiving at our new house this year. We had Nate's parents, his sister's family and his brother's family for a total of 17. I had fun decorating the tables and making place settings for everyone.


We used our vinyl machine to cut out everyone's name. I thought they turned out very nice, and the kids were excited for the candy inside!
Nate and his dad intently looking through all of the Black Friday ads. I think Nate's dad spent more time than the rest of us combined! Nate and I went out early on Friday after 2 1/2 hours of sleep (thanks Ian!) while Nate's mom watched Ian.
The cousins playing in our back yard. It was a pretty nice day and we didn't have any snow to worry about yet.


Me cutting up my first turkey. I soaked the turkey in a brine in a big bucket in the fridge overnight so that it would be nice and moist. It wasn't quite as moist as I had hoped, but it was a lot better than some of the turkeys I have had in the past. It also had a good flavor.



Everyone playing Rock Band.


We had a great time having everyone over for the holiday. It helped remind us of all the things we are grateful for.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! making a turkey, those place cards (jars) are amazing and the cute little hat he's wearing! You're so domestic Ashlee!! Way to go.

    ReplyDelete